Question
Posted by: haamidah | 2010/06/01

colposcopy during pregnancy

hi. I am 22 weeks pregnant. At 14 weeks I had a threathning miscarraige and was told to have plenty of bedrest and no sex. at the time I had no infection but has had cronic bladder infection and trush since the beginning of my pregnancy. So far i''''ve had it 4 times since the beginning of my pregnancy. When I was bleeding at 14 weeks the docter took a pap smear. The results only came back now and they see abnormal cells at the base of my cervics. When I had the infection thid part would always be raw and I would bleed a little. Could someone please tell me how the colposcopy works and will there be any danger to my baby when they do it. I have to go for this procedure next week and i am very anxious.

The colposcopy just involves looking at the cervix through a special microscope. It does not harm the baby.

1