Question
Posted by: Preggy mom | 2008/07/09

Colouring of hair during pregnancy

Hi, I heard that colouring your hair during pregnancy can affect the baby, is this true??

It is probably best to wait till after 12 weeks. Very little dye is absorbed, so the baby should not be affected, but rmember that colour tends not to take as well in pregnancy.

2
Posted by: Nix | 2008/07/09

If it's highlights it's fine, as long as it doesn't touch your scalp. you do stand a risk of the colour just washing out and not taking as your hormones are obviously different. I'd say to be safe wait till you're over your 12 weeks.

Reply to Nix
Posted by: MO | 2008/07/09

It is advised not to colour your hair in the first 12 weeks. Don't know how true this statement is though.

Reply to MO