Question
Posted by: Me | 2010/07/19

Colouring hair and pregnant

Hi Dr. I would just like to find out, i am going to be 34 weeks pregnant on the 21st August. I would like to colour my hair, but only if it is safe to do so during pregnancy. Do you think it is ok?
Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post.

Dear Me
It is probably safe if you use a salon that colour your hair by using foils/highlights or applying the colour on your hair only. Colourant can be absorbed through the scalp. However, you should be aware that your hair does not react to colour or perms the same when you are pregnant due to the effects of the hormones on the hair and it may colour quicker/different than before. If it is possible, it may be better to wait 6 weeks and do it after the birth?

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/07/19

Dear Me