Posted by: Razz | 2009-04-08

Colour change

I got injured 2 years ago on my right wrist and from Dec last year it has been sore.A doctor injected me with depo-medrol but still the pain is there.Now they tell me that my ligament is torn.Now my wrist chaged from brown to so light and it is spreading up my hand,Could this be the result of that injury or something else.

Dear Razz
You probably need to see an orthopedic specialist if the Depo Medrol injection did not work. We usually take a step wise approach, first anti-inflammatories, physio, then cortisone like DMedrol, if that does not work and operation may be necessary.
Is it the skin that changed colour? This may be an unrelated problem called vitiligo