Posted by: Jane | 2008-11-17

Hi Dr Bets,
Well, did what you said, had a xray done, which showed nothing wrong. But my doctor did pick up that I have once again got an incisional hernia.
I saw a surgeon this morning. He said that the incisional hernia is not dangerous. He said that with my history I should leave it for now and operate next christmas. I am going for a barium next week. Each surgeon seems to tell me different things. The one who fixed my hernia last year said that they can be dangerous, but this one said that mine is not??

Hallo Jane
They are only dangerous if they are small and if a loop of bowel can be caught in them restricting the blood flow to the bowel and causing gangrene of the bowel. It depends on where they are and how big the opening is. Let me know what the barium enema's outcome is?