Posted by: Mandy | 2011-05-30

Coloring hair during pregnancy

I am 6 months pregnant and have two questions,
1. I am due for my dentist visit(just a wash) and would like to know whether it is safe during pregnancy?
2. I''d also like to know whether dying my hair will affect the baby in any way?
Thank you in advance Doc

None of the above procedures will harm your baby in any way. You will however, have to inform your dentist that you are pregnant.

Posted by: Me | 2011-05-31

I did both when I was pregnant - in fact had a filling and xrays were necessary. Your dentist will know. Good luck with the hair colouring as I have been doing myne for years, but it did not take at all when I was pregnant - something to do with the hormones I understand. Just try not to breathe in the fumes, maybe sit outside.

Reply to Me
Posted by: Lizelle | 2011-05-30

It'' is safe to colour your hair and I am sure as long as you are not having any injections or x-rays the dentist visit will be safe too.

Reply to Lizelle