Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2010-07-09

Coloring hair during pregnancy

Good morning,

Does anyone know if it is harmful to the baby to colour hair during pregnancy. I am now six weeks, i''ve also heard that it might be better to colour hair using foils.

Can anyone help please
xxxxx

Not much of the colour is absorbed, but it is best to avoid everything till after 12 weeks.

2
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-07-11

Posted by: Lia | 2010-07-09

Hi Michelle, it is safe after 3 months I think. The reason why most hairdressers will hesitate before colouring your hair is because of the hormones. It makes it more likely to come out a different colour (this is what my doctor said). Anyway I coloured my hair after 3 months and it came out fine!

Reply to Lia