Question
Posted by: ed | 2011-09-23

colonoscopy sedation

I was wondering if it is possible to have minimal sedation (I would like to be awake and not have amnesia) for a colonoscopy? I had a bad experience with Versed (a paradoxical reaction and long term memory loss), so that drug is out. I wanted to do it drug-free but my GI doc said that she prefers something  every drug that they suggest seems to cause amnesia...I was even told that minimal sedation was " impractical" ..Any ideas would help a lot. Thanks.

Ed

Sedation with a drug propofol is very safe and can cause slight memory loss of the procedure itself. Refer to the following link for more details: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propofol

1
Posted by: Friend. | 2011-09-30

I went for a colonoscopy under sedation. It was ok. Didn''t feel a thing and it felt like I was just asleep and woke up feeling fresh

Reply to Friend.