Posted by: Marlien Van Heerden | 2012-09-12

Colonoscopy - Alceratie Colitis

Had a Colonoscopy - Diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis. Still battling. There were no signs of cancer but I still suffer of severe contipation and bowl pain from time to time. According to what I have heard is that with Ulcerative Colitis you actually suppose to have diaree and constipation? I dont know? I am following a sort of gluten free diet at the moment, but still battle with unforseen and unexpected bowl movement, without any stool. THe bowl is working, but most of the time have to run to the toilet for a slymie discharge and sometimes a bit of blood as well. Really battling to just have a normal stool every day. What can it be and what can I do? Please help.

Unfortunately, ulcerative colitis is a chronic disease and there is not much that you can do to effectively treat your symptoms. You will have to consult a gastroenterologist, as it is important to establish a relationship with a specialist. Refer to the following article for detailed information about this condition: