Question
Posted by: tracy | 2008/08/05

colonic or bowel problem for a few years

If ive had endoscopy done and polyp removed and now inflammation been seen on my colon, what does that mean? weight gain cause i cant do the number 2? all that ive eaten in the few years, wont that toxicate my body, cause im lucky if i go to the loo and do the number 2 like 1x a month, what is my problem? normally people with my problem have diorhea, i dont have anything, not even wind....can it be a big problem? whatever ive eaten and havent done the number 2 for awhile, can it not affect me, where does that ive eaten go if it stays in my body for a long time?

Hi Tracy
Some people get chronic inflammation of the bowel because of Crohns disease or Inflammatory bowel disease which is an auto-immune disease ( patient makes antibodies against his/her own body). You may need something to help you go to the loo more often, have you tried something like Duphalac 15 ml at night? It is not healthy for the bowel not to empty regularly.