Question
Posted by: Blue | 2009/03/17

colonic

Can you tell me having a few sessions of colonics done is it safe? I have been for 4 sessions in the past and it made me feel good to have a clean out and my system seemed to work better afterwards.

Now a year later i am thinking of going again.I am a male aged 41 and just want to know if its a good idea to go again.

Blue

Dear Blue
As long as it is done by a well trained experienced therapist, it should be safe. These therapies can cause perforated bowel, so can be dangerous in the wrong hands. Taking a laxative like Movicol and doing a detox ( only fruit and vegetables and water for 24 hours) will however have the same effect.