Posted by: Blossom | 2010-01-09

Colon infection

Hi doc, my gp thinks that my colon has an infection as I have pain the above the pelivis on both sides and on top of my rib cage above the navel. He prescribed antibiotics for three days, yet I still feel nauseous with some pain at night. Early Dec the sonar showed no problems with appendix and other organs, but did show that my tummy was bloated however, the radiologist didnt say anything to me and made nomention on the documents. What can happen to me if the antibiotics dont work? If something had to burst would I feel it?

If something is about to burst, you will have extreme abdominal pain. Re-consult your doctor to have more tests done, for instance a colonoscopy and possible biopsy. Swallowing of a remote camera will also give a clear picture of the gastro-intestinal tract.