Posted by: Eve | 2011-03-26

Colon Cleansing

Dear Dr, A year ago I had to take two Coli-Prep before having a barium enema to check for diverticulitis. For months before this my stomach was immensely bloated and looked almost pregnant, I was always tired lacking energy to even do mundane tasks at home feeling as though I had flu always.

After the total cleansing out of my bowels for months after my health improved I was no longer tired had so much energy and bloated and feeling ill was gone.

Now again I find I am again bloated and suffer with winds and constipation lacking energy and always feeling feverish. Even though I went to a dietician for the diverticulitis and have changed my eating habits. Take probiotics too.

What I would like to know is it dangerous once a year to have a colon cleanse or to take pills for colon cleansing. I felt so good after my bowels were emptied I just want to feel like that again.

It is not dangerous and you can repeat it.