Question
Posted by: Mbali | 2008/09/22

Colon Cleansing

Dear Doc
I want to do a colon cleansing and I was wondering what food to eat I heard you must eat a lot of fruits and veggies which I do not have a problem with but I cant leave on them since I get hungry quickly.Please advise what other solid food I can also eat.I bought the ground flax seeds and husk for the cleansin and how long should it take.

Dear Mbali
The healthiest foods for people who are trying to detox are: fresh fruit and vegetables (up 8 servings a day), whole grain and cereals (unsifted maize meal, wholewheat bread, Maltabella, brown rice 6 servings a day), low-fat milk and yoghurt (3 cups a day), plus lean meat or fish or legumes (dry, cooked or canned peas, beans, lentils or soya). Also start using probiotics ("good microorganisms") such as Intestiflora to help your colon function efficiently all the time.