Question
Posted by: Wonder | 2009/03/05

Colon Cleanser

Are these safe to use, if so which would you recommend?? How else can you get rid of toxins in the colon/liver?

Expert ImageProbiotics expert

Hi Wonder
Unfortunately I do not have a good knowledge with regard to products that can be recommended.
In my personal opinion so-called colonic irrigation is not a good idea to practise routinely. I subscribe to the school of thought that suggests that you supplement and build the body’s own defences rather than trying to eliminate all natural flora in the colon. This is where taking a probiotic comes in. Refer to www.reuteri.com
A balanced lifestyle, of which diet is really important, is possibly the best way to limit “toxins”