Question
Posted by: Annelise | 2010-09-22

Collagen - peptan?

Good day,
I saw an advert for Biogen collagen tabs but when i went to purchase the tabs i was informed by the sales assistant that peptan collagen sachets is a better choice as it has a better absorption rate. I was just wondering if the peptan collagen is basically the same as " regular"  collagen ie would it offer the same benefits as i cannot find a lot of info about peptan''s benefits.
Thanks!

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Annelise, thank you for the question.

You are 100% correct in that there is not much data on the peptan collagen (hydrolyzed collagen) and their direct effects on the skin; as such it is difficult to comment from a medical scientific point of view.
The claim is that peptan collagen differs to ‘regular’ collagen in the size of the molecule and therefore the ability of the body to absorb the collagen. Two studies have shown an improvement of bone health in mice with the peptan collagen but I cannot find any information on its direct effect on the skin.

11
Posted by: Lorraine | 2015-12-26

I started on biogen collagen platinum series. It's two weeks now and I noticed the stubborn pigment on my cheek fading. Hopeful to see results so will update info.

Reply to Lorraine
Posted by: Jeff Gilbert | 2015-11-19

@Annette you can take Peptan anytime throughout the day, with or without meals. Many of our customers add our Protein Essentials Hydrolyzed Collagen with Peptan to their coffee or tea in the morning and then again in the evening with their evening beverage of choice. Hope this helps. www.proteinessentials.com

Reply to Jeff Gilbert
Posted by: Jacques | 2015-04-06

I actually need a muscle pain remover,.....and the sales person gave me above product as I was looking for natural products. Regards

Reply to Jacques | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: SId | 2015-11-22

I was shot in the ass with an AK 47 and a combination of peptan collagen , real msm and astaxanthin really helped with muscle pain and bone pain .

What about allergic reactions and skin eruptions ? If it is more absorbable or available to tissue is it more liely to cause reaction .i have red blotches appearing on my face

Posted by: benita | 2013-10-24

where can i get order this product t

Reply to benita

There has been numerous studies on Peptan collagen and the benefits on the skin. Go to Peptan.com and see the studies that Roussellot in France has done.

Posted by: Wynand Neethling | 2010-11-02

Good day,

The Wellness Consultancy is a proud distributor of Peptan in South Africa. Peptan is only available in powder form and not in tablets - thus leading me to think that the sales assistant you are referring to is not an expert in this product.

Regarding the absorption rate of Peptan. Double blind placebo studies (can be provided) concluded that Peptan Hydrolyzed collagen is absorbed and collected up to 93% by the human body.

I hope this answer your question and do not hesitate to contact me should you need more information

Reply to Wynand Neethling | 2 comments (hide)
Posted by: Miranda | 2016-03-26

Hi is thue safe during pregnancy

Posted by: Annette | 2015-11-01

What is the best time to take peptan collagen? How long before and after meals?

Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2010-09-24

Reply to anti-ageing expert