Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2010/07/25

cold turkey

Hi cybie hope all is good on your side. Recently decided due to my history to stop drinking again. It sometimes just spiral out of control and alcohol has messed up so much of my life in the past. I stopped before for 3 years and want to again. Also due to the fact that I want to get pregnant in the end of the year.
ONE day at a time! Will post on my process!

Hi k,
Congratulations on a wise decision. Unless one can guarantee to keep it within absolutel control ( which many of us can't do ) alcohol doesn't contribute much to life, especially when compared to its risks and problems.
"Just stopping" isn't always wise, unless your usual daily intake is really small, as its otherwise like stopping any brains edative drus - suddent stopping can lead to uncomfortable agitation, etc., and a more gradual and planned reduction to zero is usually wiser.
Good luck with your excellnt resolve === look forward to further reports

1

Hi k,