Question
Posted by: BMJ | 2010/10/07

Cold symtoms

Dear Doc

I have a cold - I think it is about 10 days now. I dont have a runny nose - a bit of congestion. I mostly have a sore throat and a cough. I am an asthmatic. I upped my Seretide from two puffs a day, to 4 puffs a day - but find I still need my ventolin in between. My voice is also very hoarse and the cough is a dry cough. I know that colds are caused by virusses and therefore need to just ride it out. How long will these symptoms still last? My family want to move me to the garage with the constant coughing.
(My chest is not paining - just kriewelrig - almost like just before an asthma attack)

Hallo BMJ
You may need some oral cortisone to just reduce the bronchial irritation (which is also causing the cough).I also think your doctor should have a look to see if you have a secondary infection, as a cold usually clears up after 7 days. You may have a faringitis/tracheitis which may need antibiotics.

2
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/10/07

Hallo BMJ

Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/10/07

Hallo BMJ