Question
Posted by: Duduza | 2011/01/19

Cold sores down there

Please help, every month I am having cold sore in my Vagina sometimes before my period sometimes after. The past 12 months I never had SEX and even before that I was using condoms. I took some blood test in November nothing wrong came out. What else can be the course of this ugly thing?

If you have herpes, this tends to be recurrent. You should see a doctor when you have the sore, so that the diagnosis can be confirmed. There are then medications which can be used to lessen the severity of recurrent attacks.

2

Posted by: Purple | 2011/01/20

Its called herpes. Its a sexually transmitted disease. If someone with a cold sore on their mouth gave you oral sex you could have got it that way, or if someone with an active herpes infection touched themselves and then touched you with the same hand it could spread that way.

Only if a blood test tested specifically for that would it pick it up. Its best to book an appointment with your gynae when you have a sore and let the doctor have a look and tell you if it is herpes or if it is somethng else.

Reply to Purple