Question
Posted by: Ian | 2010/06/02

cold sores

My wife from time to time gets a cold sore on her mouth is this herpes? and during oral sex could she pass this onto me she has never given me oral sex while having a visable cold sore,that i can remember.

Ian

hallo Ian
It is a type of herpes but not the same as genital herpes. Yes, and it can be transmitted by oral sex. She can take an antiviral course of medication or use an antiviral ointment next time it develops but she must start within the first 24 hours of the symptoms even before the blister comes out if possible
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/06/02

hallo Ian
dr Bets