Question
Posted by: shaund | 2008/06/19

Cold Sore Again

i167.photobucket.com/albums/u155/pseudz/Photo025.jpg

This is a pic of the 'thing' in the corner of my mouth, is it a possible cold sore? It isnt raised or sore at all

Dear Shaund
No this looks to me like "angular cheilitis" that is associated with a fungus ( candida albicans) vit B shortages or iron anemia. Try Dactarin oral jel and "kenalog in orobase" ointment : put on the Dactarin, wait an hour and then put on the kenalog - try to do this 3 times a day for 5 days or so. Take vit B supplements and ask your doctor to check your iron levels with a blood test if possible.