Question
Posted by: Mickey | 2010/08/03

Cold sore

Please help, my son is 21 and he has been plagued with cold sores from a very young age, it is now getting to him, when the one heals the next morning there is another one. He has tried everything that you can think of. Is there something that can be done to get rid of them permanently.

Hallo Mickey
Taking a course of antiviral medication (Zovirax) will probably help - he may need to take a second course if he gets a breakout again. Cold sores are caused by the herpes virus. Discuss with your GP.

2
Posted by: Natie van Rooyen | 2010/08/03

Let him try Zinc Tablets . In Clicks pharmacies Zinplex and a good ointment as well. Let me know when it works because its not a matter of will but when. Should be between 3 and 5 days

Reply to Natie van Rooyen
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/08/03

Hallo Mickey