Question
Posted by: Shelby | 2008/11/18

Cold medicine

Hi there,

Please can you tell me what cold medicine I can use. I have just found out that I am pregnant, that is 5 weeks. I have a sore throat, sneezing and runny nose.

I also had Spider Vein treatment, before I found out that I was pregnant. The Doctor injects small amounts of Concentrated Sodium Chloride. Would this have done any damage?

Many thanks.

You could use Strepsils for the sore throat. the tablets for runny noses are not recommended in pregnancy. Use Iliadin nasal spray if you like, but often these things go away without any medication.