Posted by: Big ga ho nus | 2009-01-26

Cold as Ice!!

Iâ € ™ m 28, I have a child of 8months and currently happily married to the same guy for 11 years, been dating from school and I love him dearly.

My Q is: I find out a while ago that Iâ € ™ v PCOS, and was a miracle when we conceived out little girl! My Dr told me that that is my problem, that was my reason why I am so cold towards my husband, I love sex, but recently have no urge of doing it!!!!

A few years ago my husband kissed my sister in law, I call it cheating, but it didnâ € ™ t get so far, but for me personally it was the worst thing ever! He cheated and I wanted out, out of the marriage, out of everything!!! Since then my husband made up for his biggest mistake, heâ € ™ s genuinely wonderful husband and father. But Iâ € ™ m so cold, donâ € ™ t want sex, Iâ € ™ m tired all the time. Iâ € ™ ve lost a lot of weight, and I do look good, my husband cant take his hands of me, but Iâ € ™ m stone cold.

Is there anything I can do to prevent a divorce, because I think if I donâ € ™ t do anything soon heâ € ™ s really going to cheat on me for real!!!

Whilst PCOS may be associated with a lowered libido, there are also other causes, and if your PCOS has been treated, then it may be that other important factors play a role. In your instance the main issues I would look to are as follows:
1. The normal/common decline in a woman's libido in a committed relationship longer than 4 years
2. Having an 8 month old baby and the associated tiredness if sleep deprived, stress if you're finding it difficult (most new mothers do), normal/common prioritisation of all energy for the baby, hormones if you're breast feeding, and any other associated psychological changes such as the weight of the responsibility, and for some mothers a feeling that you're the only parent taking this responsibility seriously. All of these can impact on libido whilst you adjust from a couple to a family...
3. The memory of the kiss can leave a mark on one's sense of adequacy/trust which may play itself out sexually
I would recommend that you find some professional help to try to identify what the most likely factors are in your case...try mailing SASHA via our website ( to identify a health professional with a special interest in sexual health local to your area.