Posted by: pp | 2012-08-25

cold and blue

good morning doc

i am baffled by the fact that every time i eat i get so so cold and then my hands begin to get blue-ish in colour, especially my fingernails. I do not believe this is raynauds syndrome as i know what the symptoms thereof is.

is there a relationship between eating and or digestion and getting so frezzing cold and blue? Is this dangerous?

If you see me you would also probably say i am underweight, so i speculate this adding to the phenomenon.

It is possible that you feel cold after eating, as more of your blood flow is directed towards your digestive system for the processing of the consumed food. There is then less blood that reaches your skin and outer layer. You will then feel colder.

You can however, consult your doctor for blood tests, to exclude thyroid disease and anemia.