Question
Posted by: Mimi | 2010/06/03

coke or tea?

Im watching my weight like a hawk this winter, I dont want to repeat the same mistake I did last year by gaining weight in winter. I promised myself not to even gain 2kgs during this winter. my question is - between tea with low fat milk and 2 tsp sugar AND 1 glass of coke which one is BAD? which one has more calories?

Thanx.

Dear Mimi
Let's compare the energy content of these 2 beverages: 200 ml of tea (0 kJ) with 50 ml of low-fat milk (104 kJ) and 10g of sugar (160 kJ) = 264 kJ versus 250 ml of sweetened carbonated cold drink (418 kJ), the tea contains fewer kJ and will also have the added advantage of warming you up on a cold winter's day. The milk also contributes to your calcium intake.
Enjoy

3
Posted by: Lizz | 2010/06/04

Mimmi,

Coke is just plain bad for you. Rather go for tea and if you can make it caffein free even better.

Lizz

Reply to Lizz
Posted by: Tealady | 2010/06/03

i''m not sure about calories, but i''m guessing the tea is better, at least it''s got milk with CALCIUM and protein, which will also keep you fuller. But wait for DietDoc''s answer in any case. I''ve also read that a glass of coke can contain up to 12 teaspoons of sugar, way more than the 2 in your tea.

Reply to Tealady

Dear Mimi
Enjoy