Question
Posted by: Jenny Porter | 2010/03/08

Coke light

I drink about 3L of coke light a day, is there any truth that it causes muscular dystrophy. I suffer from mild loss of use in my right arm and leg from time to time, I have been for an MRI and all was clear. I never mentioned the coke light to him, but I recently received and email about the side effects of diet drinks and was wondering if I should see the Specialist again and tell him about the amounts that I drink. I am a 48 year old woman in otherwise good health, but at the moment living in fear as nobody can tell me what is happening to me.

Hallo Jenny
You are taking in too much sweetner per day, but it does not cause muscular distrophy - this is caused by a genetic problem. Very high doses of sweetner may however cause neurological symptoms - although this is not proven. I think you should try to cut down on coke light and I think you should mention this to your neurologist

2
Posted by: anon | 2010/03/09

Stop drinking coke light - any form of fizz drinks where its no added sugar or light is still a flavoured drink - try to slowly minimise your drinking and gradually give it up - stick to water its the best

Reply to anon
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/03/09

Hallo Jenny

Reply to cyberdoc