Question
Posted by: Faith | 2012/05/29

Coffee+milk

Now that winter is here Im back to the habit of drinking coffee. I drink about 2 cups of coffee and im trying to lose weight in the process. My problem is the milk content.
one cup of my coffee(250ml) consist of 150ml of water and 100ml of 2% + canderel swetners. How many calories is that ??
is it that bad?? MAYBE I could drink one cup per day?? I eat sensibly though. PLEASE ADIVISE.

Dear Faith
100 ml of 2% milk provides 208 kJ or 50 kcal, so 2 cups provides 416 kJ or 100 kcal, which represents 6,6% of your daily energy requirement if you are an adult woman who is trying to lose weight and using a 6300 kJ/day diet. I don't think having those 2 cups of coffee with 200 ml of milk is going to do you or your diet any harm. In fact it will do you good because you will be ingesting 200 mg of calcium from the milk and adult women require 1200 mg of calcium a day to prevent brittle bones in the present and osteoporosis in the future.

1

Dear Faith