Question
Posted by: Nicci | 2008/08/28

coffee creamer ?

Hi Doc Im at my goal weight and I would like to keep it that way but I ' ve fallen into the habit of drinking coffee with coffee creamer .
Question 1 - how many calories does 1 cup of coffee with coffee creamer have ( 1 cup of coffee with 2 tsp sugar and 4 tsp coffee creamer ) so that I can burn it up at gym .
Question 2 - I eat healthy overall , so will 1 cup per day make me put on weight even if the coffee is the only thing that is not healthy in my diet ?

Dear Nicci
Non-dairy creamers contain 546 cal per 100g, and if you use 4 teaspoons or 20g, this will contribute 109 cal plus the 39 cal from the 2 t of sugar = 148 cal which you ingest from your cup of coffee. This is not excessive, but don't start having more and more coffee with creamer and sugar as the calories will start piling up. Generally speaking coffee creamer is not a desirable addition to the diet - it contains 35,5 g of fat, of which 32.5 g are saturated fat, per 100g. So stick to one cup a day.

1
Posted by: jonty | 2009/02/02

How many calories in a cup of filter coffee with low fat milk and is it true it slows metabolism and is bad for rapid weight loss.

Reply to jonty