Posted by: MM | 2009-07-22

Coffee and Sellulite

I am a 33 year old active (gym 5 times a week) woman with a BMI of 24. My problem is I have a lot of cellulite on my buttocks and thighs. My mother has the same build and problem area. I read that coffee is not good for cellulite –  but my question is… If I stop drinking coffee or reduce it to say 1-2 cups a day (I drink now ± 7 cups a day) will it drastically help with the cellulite? Or is it a case of sorry to say you are born with it?

Dear MM
I do not think that drinking coffee affects the condition that is called "cellulite'. As regards cellulite, I have written an article on cellulite which you can access by clicking on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'DietDoc's articles and reading article 137 "The Lowdown on Cellulite". Doing targeted exercises may help, but it is important to persevere. There are also certain products that also help for cellulite. You can contact Lilian Terry International at (021) 361-2606 and ask about their Cellulito Aromeopathic Complexes. If you still find that nothing helps for the cellulite then you could discuss the problem with a cosmetic surgeon.