Posted by: Cofee adict | 2009-06-29

I am currently seeing a biokenetics for weigtloss and have lost 13.8KG in the past 4 months. Lately I have been drinking a lot of coffee - winter - it keeps me warm. I use canderal - only 1 tablet per cup. What is the max number of cup I can consume in one day?

Dear Coffee Addict
Congratulations on losing those 13.8 kg - you are a ***star***. From a slimming point of view, black coffee with an artificial sweetener like Canderel, does not add any energy to your diet. If you use milk in your coffee, every 100 ml of fat-free milk will add 146 kJ to your daily energy intake. So let's say you use about 30 ml of this fat-free milk per cup of coffee, then when you have had 3 cups of coffee, you will have ingested 146 kJ which is not excessive. Now the general recommendation for coffee intake from the health point of view is that one should not have more than 4 cups a day because of the caffeine content. Caffeine is a stimulant and when taken in excess can cause side-effects like restlessness, insomnia, tremor, palpitations, etc. You will have to decide if you want to exceed this amount per day.
Good luck with the weightloss