Posted by: Annie | 2009-02-12

Hi Doc, I frequently ask questions and you alway answer them so quick and exactly what i want to hear, thank you so much your such a help, I want to know does coffee cause you to bloat and how many cups of coffee is healthy. I sometimes drink 6 cups of coffee with ff milk and 2 canderals of most of the time no sugar or sweetners.

Thanks Doc.

Dear Anne
Thank you for your kind words which make my day. Pure coffee and/or caffeine should not cause bloating under normal circumstances unless you suffer from a digestive problem like gastritis, ulcers or irritable bowel syndrome. The general recommendation by nutrition experts worldwide is that 4 cups of brewed or pure coffee are regarded as acceptable. Excessive coffee drinking and intake of caffeine can lead to a variety of symptoms such as irritation of the stomach lining, sleeplessness and irritability because caffeine is a stimulant.
Have a good day