Question
Posted by: anon | 2010/04/10

cocsycs

i sliped and fell and in the process broke my cocsycs it was confirmed with xrays. I was sent home with painkilers and doc said it will take a while to heal. What i want to know is that it just take the painkilers and thats it,no further treatment or nothing.

Coccyx fractures should resolve spontaneously after a period of six weeks. It is a very uncomfortable fracture and will cause a lot of pain and discomfort. If no healing has taken place after six weeks, a part from the coccyx can be removed, in order to alleviate symptoms.