Question
Posted by: Nat | 2011-10-12

Coccyx pain

I have been suffering with a pain in the coccyx area. I have not injured it recently. It is painfull when I sit for long periods. Unfortunately my job requires me to sit behind a desk all day. I am in my early 40''s and go to gym 4 days a week. I am slim. I have never had this problem before. I did fall on my bottom 20 years ago but as far as I can remember I did not have much pain just bruising. What can I do to elliviate the discomfort?

Nat

It is important to establish the cause for the discomfort and I therefore, suggest that you consult a doctor for an examination and possible x-ray. In the interim, you can use Advil Gel Caps, two six hourly.