Question
Posted by: Susan | 2009-08-03

Coccyx pain

I have been experiencing coccyx pain for a week and a half - I have not fallen or injured myself recently so wondering what could be the cause of it? I had a baby 5 months ago, and have lost all the weight. Should I speak to a chiropractor, I' m not sure what doctor can assist me?
The pain gets worse as the day progresses, I sit 90% of the day at work

Hi Susan
Rather ask a physiotherapist to evaluate for you - may be some inflammation in the joints between the vertebrae. It may also help to sit on a ring cushion at work and use some anti-inflammatory like Neurofen if you are not breastfeeding.