Question
Posted by: Melissa | 2010/03/24

Coccyx

Hello,
I fell about three years ago and hurt my coccyx. It has since healed but every now and then I''ll bend or twist funny and then I battle standing up from laying down or sitting. This would go on for a couple of days.

I usually go to the doctor to get an injection to relieve the pain. I didnt have an x-ray done at the time. Should I be worried? What can I do to relieve the pain?

Many Thanks
Melissa

Melissa

I suggest that you consult an orthopaedic surgeon for an examination and x-rays of your lower back and sacral area to exclude any complications or new pathology that causes the discomfort and pain.