Posted by: Lola | 2008-11-11

I have a cocatiel. I got him when I turned 5, and I' m now 29. That makes him 24 years old. How old do these birds get?!?!

Dear Lola

Sorry, that file is rusted. Try a Google search.

Posted by: Chill | 2008-11-12

They' re unpredictable critters, birds....

Yes, it' s really sad when they die - I have a tiny little grave in my garden, under a tree, and I plant something pretty on it every now and then...

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Lola | 2008-11-12

One can actually see the bird is getting really old. He has even shrunk in size.

I agree, he is a very charming pet - I think the day he dies is going to be a really dark day in my household. Funny though, I have had him all my life basically, but he prefers my husband over me. My husband gets little kisses (pecks on his lips) and gets to touch him softly through the cage. I have to date never received one kiss....

Reply to Lola
Posted by: Chill | 2008-11-11

Remarkably old, actually! We had one that was well into his 20' s when he died, and I know of a few others that reached a similar age.

They' re actually very charming pets - I' m sure you' d agree.

Reply to Chill