Posted by: stryker | 2009-01-09

Coat problem

I have aborder collie (8 years old, male), who has a hard time in the summer heat. As such, I have him shaved at the beginning of summer. The last time he was shaved - about 6 weeks ago - he came back with what looked like a brownish/reddish patch of short hair just above his tail and on his one shoulder. His coat has started growing out, but these 2 areas remain short and bristly, and have a red/brown tinge. Anyone know what it could be?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Dear Stryker

The brown is saliva staining. If above the tail you are dealing with a flea allergy. do the dog every 3 weeks with frontline, spray your carpets with Flego and put Efazol on the dogs food.