Posted by: nadine | 2012-04-16

Good day,

I have a co-worker that i have to deal with on a daily basis as we are in the same department. Unfortunately i cant work with her anymore.

She thinks she is my boss and i have to answer to her for everything. she keeps breaking me down and talks to me like i am a child. the last fall out we had i did not respond to any of her accusations i just sat an looked at her as i did not have the energy for her, then she said i have a F-ck you attitude and no respect for her.

I cant work with oher anymore and i think i will be better off not having to deal with her on a daily basis.

what can i do?
I thought of going to my boss and telling him that i cant work with her anymore and ask him to move me to another position within the company

Can I do that?

what can and should my boss do about this situation?

Thank you in advance

Expert ImageWorkplace health expert

Nadine you must do something to correct this situation. This is unhealthy, both physically and mentally. Is there no HR department? You should write down an accurate record of all the incidents and communication to support your side of the story.

Do not leave this unresolved - this will be unacceptable.

You have all the right to request a review of the situation and ask for redress if warranted.

Posted by: Zilch | 2012-06-07

Unfortunately dear when it comes to small companies that have no HR department, company is ruled by some Maniac who thinks they know everything &  he puts in charge some manageress who doesn''t understand that respect is earned &  not given. The solution for you is to look for new employment, it''s not good for your health &  mentatility to be in that kind of environment that leaves you questioning your abilities. I was also in that same situation, in my case the boss was mean, he''d call people " Idiots, fools, stupid" , He''d think he is on top of his game i.e. invasion of tax in an Accounting Firm, calling himself professional when he was merely doing Cow boy accounting.

Reply to Zilch
Posted by: Essai | 2012-05-17

Does your Company have a Code of Ethics which includes :
Respecting Others:This enables a Company to create a work environment that is free of harrassment &  intimidation, hence this is observed and achieved by behaving courteously and respectfully and not engage in any behaviour that may be percived to intimidate or harrass other co -workers.
You need to bring this to your Manager''s attention , and if not resolved amicably , you then would need to lodge a Grieviance which involves your HR and Line Manager.
My advice is to speak with this person first and if she is unreasonable then follow thro'' with the process of escalating. Chances are that she has done this before or actually does not realise that what is is doing.Either way , it will form a part of your healing in dealing with the situation to enhance your own health and self esteem.

Reply to Essai