Question
Posted by: Rick | 2009-04-04

Co-dependency issue and recovery

Hi Doc,

Im recently divorced and have uncovered co-dependency issues. Ive been reading up on it and the traits fit me perfectly unfortunately. What do you suggest is the best way to treat this so that I can recover my self esteem and get my confidence back?

Rick

Counselling, as these issues are a bit complex to manage all on one's own. ( Gosh, what if you became you're own co-dependent ? ) --- see a good practical counsellor ( FAMSA could advise ) --- preferably one providing CBT-style counselling, which would look not at theoretical constructions like "co-dependency" but at specific behaviours and habits of thought whihc lead to the problems which trouble you, and which would then enable you to revise these fruitfully

2
Posted by: Its complicated | 2009-04-06

Its a complicated issue alright. Best to just look it up to get an idea of what is going on. If you can' t work it out on your own, perhaps share it with your family if you have a good relationship with them, or an individual in the family .That always helps instead of bottling it up inside yourself. If not, take the Doc' s advice and get to see someone who can help you professionally. Good Luck

Reply to Its complicated
Posted by: Huh ?? | 2009-04-06

Wow, that sounds deep ! Briefly, what are co-dependency issues ? An example perhaps ??

Reply to Huh ??