Question
Posted by: Harri | 2011-08-10

C.M.T

Hi " cyberdoc" 

My father and sister have both been diagnosed with C.M.T.

My sister passed away at 35 after being bed ridden for many years, but my father has however been living a great life with minor difficulties.

My husband and I are trying for a baby but doctors don''t know much about C.M.T.

Where can I go to find out if I am a carrier, will my baby be affected etc?

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Harri

Harri

You can go to your nearest pathology lab to test for genetic markers to identify if you are a carrier for Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease. Please refer to the following link for more information about the disease: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charcot-Marie-Tooth_disease

It is one of the most common inherited neurological disorders and it is therefore, very important to have yourself tested.