Question
Posted by: Slim-On | 2009/10/14

cm' s versus kg' s losses

I am on a slimming diet and have managed to lose over 11kg in 4 months. My problem is that i seem to be losing kg' s and not cm' s. My waist line has been 82cm and my hip area 110cmfor almost 4 weeks now. Please could you advise types of exercises i can do that would target these areas. I have a 30 Min Billy Banks Taebo DVD as well as a Pilates 30 Min DVD. Would a 3.5km run / walk every morning help in any way too?

Mmmmm, this is different - usually people lose cms and not kilograms and then get worried.

I'd look at that diet - not sure what it involves, but it could be that you're losing some water. That said, it's not all water 11 kg is a lot, so you have to have lost some fat, but maybe also some protein. If your diet is too low in energy, then you may well be seeing that your muscle mass is going not.

So I think you need to check that diet.

That said, if you're exercising, then you should start to see some changes. So by al means, two Pilates and two Billy Blanks, plus a walk a week would be great. Maybe you can play with the exercise, do a couple of runs and only one taebo day - that's up to you.

but it's really important to look at the diet and make sure it's helping - if you start exercising and hte diet is already insufficient, then you really run the risk of burning out. So it's important to look at that.

Other than this

5

I lost 15kg by just keeping record of cal in vs cal out. I only have time for 20min Taebo per day, and it worked. So ignore the idiot (not the dr), Just make sure your calorie intake is less than what you burn, however if too low your body goes into energy saving mode, and then you' ll struggle to get the results you would like. I am no expert, but it worked for me. Try doing some stomach exercises every second day, but taebo every day if possible.

Posted by: fitness doc ross | 2009/10/18

Hi again

It seems my answer was cut off - not sure why...I definitely typed more into the box...

Anyway, what I was saying was that if you give it time, you' ll start to see the kilograms and the centimeters come off together. The diet is a concern to me though, but bear in mind that I am speculating because I don' t know what your diet consists of. All I know is that a lot of times, people see massive changes in the first 3 months of a diet, but it comes back pretty quickly, and a big part of it is that they lost mostly lean mass because of the diet.

Of course, it might be that nothing at all is wrong - maybe you' ve succeeded in losing fat in other areas and all it will take is time, and you' ll see the same for the hips and waist. But I' d confirm diet, for peace of mind, and then just be patient, it' ll come!

Ross

Reply to fitness doc ross
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2009/10/18

So I think you need to check that diet.

Other than this

Reply to fitnessdoc
Posted by: Slin-On | 2009/10/15

People like yoou REALLY irritate me. Who died and made you a Health Fitness Epert. My question is addressed to the Doc.

Reply to Slin-On
Posted by: people like this irritate me | 2009/10/15

How about doing some proper cardio to get rid of the fat???!!! Taebo and Pilates strengthen the core muscles, however you need to put in the sweat and tears to see the results you are after.

Reply to people like this irritate me