Posted by: Slim-On | 2009-10-12

Cm versus Kg' s

Dear Doc

I wanted to find out how the cm versus kg works. I have in the last 3 weeks lost 3.2kg but my waist, thigh and breast measurements are still the same. How soes that happen. Surely the cm should also go down. My waist line has been 82cm for the last 3 weeks? So where is the kg loss coming from is it just water?

Dear Slim-On
I must admit that Readers usually ask me the opposite! They lose cm without losing any kg. It is possible that you are retaining water which prevents your dimensions from reducing. Do you feel puffy? If so, then the use of a mild diuretic (ask your gp to prescribe one) may assist. You don't mention if you are doing any exercise? Exercise usually helps to trim and tighten the vital statistics when you are slimming. I can only suggest that you give yourself a bit longer and also do exercises that target the problem areas. In an ideal situation you should be losing both kg and cm, but in some cases you lose one and not the other for some time. But if you persevere then things usually balance out over time.
Hang in there