Posted by: V | 2009-09-09

I had twins two years ago. I am naturally small. Before my twins I weighed around 49 kg, and am 1.5m in height.
I have never had a weight problem. I gained around 22 kgs during pregnancy. Only this year am I back to 51 kgs. It just happened with no reasons. I did not diet and my exercise is virtually non existant. I have been battling with my hormones each month this year and it is making me very anxious. I am not losing weight but my clothes are much more loose on me. Feels like I am losing centimeters but not weight. Why would this be.

Dear V
One gains about 11 kg per baby during a pregnancy - this includes the baby's weight, the placenta, amniotic fluid and increase in blood volume. It is normal to lose this weight after delivery. I suggest that you go for a proper medical examination and ask the doctor to check your thyroid hormone levels.