Question
Posted by: Nadine | 2011-01-20

Cluster Headache Diet

Hi, I suffer from cluster headaches and I get them frequently. My doctor has advised that I should stay away from wheat and eat a low carb diet, no fizzy drinks, chocolates and nuts. Is there a particular diet that you recommend I follow?

Dear Nadine
I can't really judge because I am not sure if your doctor is of the opinion that you are developing migraines that are triggered by certain foods. I would recommend that you also consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). Take a letter from your dr along when you go to see the dietitian which explains his dietary recommendations and diagnosis, because the type of diagnosis he has made will determine what type of diet you need to follow. Wheat is used in so many processed foods that it will help if a dietitian helps you identify these foods so that you can avoid them.

4
Posted by: baidaymob | 2011-02-04

Reply to baidaymob
Posted by: MadisBlacken | 2011-02-03

Reply to MadisBlacken
Posted by: Dean Esteves | 2011-01-21

Maxi salt tablets seem to be a winner, A suffer of cluster headache for over 10 years. A pain no one can explain

Reply to Dean Esteves
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-01-20

Dear Nadine