Question
Posted by: Lara | 2010/09/22

clueless

childhood: physical abuse, verbal abuse, seeing my mother being abused, molestation, father commits suicide

teens: drug addict, thinking sex is love, crime, cutting, binge drinking, bulimia, thoughts of killing myself

adult: feeling of worthlessness, made the wrong life choices, with an " previously"  abusive partner, no access to my own money, lonely, posting naked photo''s of myself on the internet

I have always been addicted to something. I smoke marijuana on a daily basis, I have been caught with posting naked photo''s of myself on the internet and I am doing it yet again. I smoke. I drink. I was bulimic. Am I obsessive compulsive?

Addiction or "addiction" or dependence on anything, chemical or behavioural, is not inevitable or unavoidable. OK, you've led a tough life. You need to see a proper specialist psychiatrist for a thorough assessment and diagnosis, and a discussion of treatment options. YOu don't sound like this is OCD, you're more stubborn and reluctant to change even unhelpful behaviours, rather than obsessive.
And you need assistance to stop the substance abuse - alcohol, marijuana and similar chemicals are not good for you, physically or mentally, and you can learn to cope very much better, without such sunstances/

1