Question
Posted by: Leandre Booyse | 2009-10-20

Club feet

Good day

Damien (2) was born with both feet in clubfeet. He was also born with Spina. Since he was born Damien has gone through opperations and he had 21 ops up to date. Damien also went for the ponseti methord and he had to go for surgery afterwoords. Damien is turning 3 in May and he still is not walking. He is also not finding his feet. If he stands it is not longer that 10 seconds. We are doing excercises with him and he goes for trement, but I just feel theyre is more we can do.

If theyre is anyone that can help us with advise how to help him it will be helped. All of us know what he will be walking soon, but we need to help him to get theyre.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Leandre

It seems to me that you are doing all that is possible, I think it just needs more time. I have worked with children that have similar problems but usually a bit older when they have started standing and walking. I think you should keep up with the therapy and possibly get advise on shoes/insoles when he is a bit older.

Chris

1
Posted by: Foot expert | 2009-10-25

Dear Leandre

Chris

Reply to Foot expert