Question
Posted by: Nicole | 2012/05/21

Clover Krush 100% juice

I have been drinking a lot of Clover Krush juice lately and im trying to lse weight and I always thought it was healthy but I was told its actually Not healthy, ITS FULL OF SUGAR etc etc.

Heres the breakdown of nutritional info:
Energy per 250ml 518
protein per 250ml 2.9
Glycaemic carbohydrate per 250ml 27
of which total sugar is 27
Dietary fibre per 250ml 2.1

Is this bad when u tyrina lose weight. i DRINK LIKE 500ML per day.

Dear Nicole
Just looking at the energy content of this Clover Krush drink which appears to be 207 kJ per 100 ml/g, makes it close to being a "high in energy" drink (according to the SA labelling regulations any drink that contains 250 kJ or more per 100 ml is "high in energy"). If you consume 500 ml per day or 1036 kJ, this represents 16.4% of your daily energy requirement when you are trying to lose weight as an adult woman (6300 kJ/day). It would probably be better to either drink a smaller portion or to dilute it with water or to just drink water as a thirst quencher when you are trying to lose weight.

1

Dear Nicole