Question
Posted by: Anxious | 2012/09/06

Cloudiness

I have been getting cloudy/dizzy spells whereby it almost feels like I will collapse. It seems like i am getting dizzi and numb and just lose all concentration. I''''ve been for scans, blood tests and xrays but nothing has shown up. Ive even been to an ent.It is really worrying as it effects me at work. I will be sitting at my desk and all of a sudden it will strike. As it makes me quite anxious it turns into apanic attack. My question is, can a panic attack start off as just a dizzy spell? Ive been told it is low blood pressure (with nothing serious casuing it) so i take salts to elevate it. But i get it even when my blood pressure has not dropped. Is there anything i can do to stop it? is this normal?its ruing my everyday life! I dont want to take any sort of pills such as Anit dep for panic attacks, is there anything else i can do?

Sometimes tsuch symptoms are related to anxiety, and respond to expert treatment of anxiety disorders, whether with medicines or CBT style counselling. When you say it TURNS INTO a panic attack, it may be that the cloudiness etc. are just the first symptoms you notice of a developing panic attack - panic disorder responds also to meds and CBT.
Low blood pressure isn't a common problem, and it'd be unlikely to suddenly occur while you're sitting quietly at your desk - in some people, especially when taking one of a range of meds, they may get what we can Postural Hypotension, where their blood pressure drops sudenly but briefly when they stand up, especially after sitting or lying down ; if they hold onto the edge of the desk, the wooziness soon passes away as the BP returns to normal.
If you really don't want to explore whether meds selected carefully by a specialist psychiatrist might help, try seeing a psychologist for CBT, and see what that can do for you, as it involved only talking and no chemicals.

1