Question
Posted by: Anxious | 2012-09-06

cloudiness

I have been getting cloudy/dizzy spells whereby it almost feels like I will collapse. It seems like i am getting dizzi and numb and just lose all concentration. I''ve been for scans, blood tests and xrays but nothing has shown up. Ive even been to an ent.It is really worrying as it effects me at work. I will be sitting at my desk and all of a sudden it will strike. As it makes me quite anxious it turns into apanic attack. My question is, can a panic attack start off as just a dizzy spell? Ive been told it is low blood pressure (with nothing serious casuing it) so i take salts to elevate it. But i get it even when my blood pressure has not dropped. Is there anything i can do to stop it? is this normal?its ruing my everyday life!

Anxious

It is normal, especially where it impairs your daily normal life. Consult a cardiologist, as heart pathology, especially irregular heart beat or prolonged QT interval can be the cause for your symptoms. A cardiologist will be able to assist you in excluding a cardiovascular cause for your dizziness.

Please keep me informed about the outcome.